Frizzled
Frazzled
Fridays
Friday is here. While most are celebrating the coming weekend; my husband and I have another thought process. Every Friday brings chaos. The kids are home, mom is home for at least part of the day, and all of the aftermath of the week needs to be dealt with.
Cleaning from last nights dinner, vacuuming, laundry, homework, and other things must be done before we start the week all over again. Fridays are always a hard night for me. This is the night of the week when my husband tries to go out with his friends to get some 'down' time. I understand he needs this time since he is a stay-at-home dad but it does mean that I become a very frazzled mother of three. I am not celebrating Friday.
Is there a day of the week that is harder for your family? What do you do on Fridays?

Pretty much any day that ends in Y....I'm always frazzled. There is always something taking priority over things that I'd like to get done. Usually mending my son's broken heart for the 20th time that day, assuring my overly vain daughter that she does, indeed look gorgeous for the 20th time that day.....I feel ya!
ReplyDeleteI completely understand. For a while, D wanted everything done everyday to his qualifications. The dishes needed done, the floor swept so he didnt step on anything, yadda yadda. He has started to lighten up, thank goodness. Not that I am a slave he controls but I didnt want to deal with any fighting. Now, with school work, I think the whole week except the weekend is frazzle for me. I try to get all my class work done, cleaning done, laundry done, every day so that finally at the end of the week when he is home with us we can spend it all together as a family and I am not off in some secluded room doing my homework or cleaning dishes or what not. My book-writing has suffered a bit, but I still go back to it-- and the three or so blogs I have started over the years well, I can't even remember their passwords anymore and the emails I used for them but hey, maybe one day this will all get sorted out.
ReplyDelete