Tuesday, October 22, 2013

          Day One




      Imagine for a moment you decided to hang everything out on the line; all of your dirty laundry. You hand up those old and torn underwear that you only wear during that 'time.' Imagine all of your unmentionables hanging on your clothesline for the world to see. Imagine your bra and lingerie colors and styles being discussed at the next neighborhood block party.

         
               Most of us cringe at the idea of others looking at all of these things. So we keep this stuff hidden. We keep many things hidden. Like the underwear the is old and torn: we choose to keep many of things we are embarrassed or not proud of hidden inside the safe haven we call our home.

              However, the time has come to lay it all out there. I am ready to expose all of the secret struggles, many obstacles, and great messes that come with being human and less then perfect. I struggle: I struggle with kids, my marriage, work, and school. I struggle with being less then perfect, and if you were honest and open you would realize you struggle too. That is ok. It is ok to be imperfect, and it is ok to talk about it.

               This blog is dedicated to the idea of being honest. I am going to share each struggle, each failure, and each less then pristine moment. I am doing so in hopes that the world can start being real. It is time to hang our 'dirty' laundry on the line in hopes to see that everyone in the neighborhood, the world, has something they are not proud of.

               This idea was born thanks to the book by Jill Savage called "No More Perfect Mom." It is a must read. It is ideal for any mom that is struggling with any issues in her life; marriage, body, kids, and many others.




1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea. People, from strangers to those we love, scowl at us when we do something wrong, act a certain way, make mistakes even though they hate it done to them when they happen to do something of the like. We are all human. We make mistakes, we are not perfect and the stress to be or seem that way only causes more mistakes in someone to be judged my others. Wonderful idea for a blog.

    ReplyDelete